How to Install PHP 8.2 on Ubuntu 22.04?
In this short tutorial, we will cover a how to install php 8.2 on ubuntu 22.04. we will help you to give an example of install php 8.2 on ubuntu 22.04. if you want to see an example of how to install php 8.2 in ubuntu 22.04 then you are in the right place. I would like to share with you ubuntu 22.04 install php 8.2. follow the below step for ubuntu 22.04 install php 8.2.
As of October 2021, there is no official release of Ubuntu 22.04. The latest stable version is Ubuntu 21.10 (Impish Indri). However, you can still install PHP 8.2 on Ubuntu 21.10 by following these steps. I will give you just simple few step to install php 8.2 in ubuntu 22.04.
Let's see the simple steps:
Step 1: Run System Updates
To ensure that our repositories are up to date, the first step in a new system is to update them. Additionally, it is essential to run the upgrade command.
sudo apt update
Step 2: Add Ondrej Sury PPA Repository
To run PHP 8.2 on Ubuntu 22.04, it is necessary to include Ondrej Sury's PPA in our system. Ondrej Sury is currently responsible for maintaining the PHP repository. However, please note that this PPA is not currently verified, so there is no guarantee of obtaining 100% reliable results when installing from it.
To add this PPA, execute the following command in our terminal.
sudo apt install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
sudo apt update
Step 3: Install PHP 8.2 and Common Extensions
We should now be able to install PHP 8.2 on Ubuntu 22.04 Linux machine. The commands to run are as shared below:
sudo apt install php8.2
sudo apt install php8.2-cli php8.2-common php8.2-json php8.2-opcache php8.2-mysql php8.2-mbstring php8.2-zip php8.2-fpm php8.2-xml php8.2-bcmath php8.2-gd php8.2-curl php8.2-intl php8.2-redis php8.2-imagick
Now, you can check your php version using following command:
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- How to Install and Setup Supervisor in Ubuntu for Laravel?
- How to Check MySQL Version in Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?
- How to Upgrade PHP Version from 8.1 to 8.2 in Ubuntu?
- Ubuntu PHP bz2 Extension Install Commands Example
- How to Install PHP Curl Extension in Ubuntu?
- How to Increase memory_limit in PHP Ubuntu?
- How to Increase max_input_vars in PHP Ubuntu?
- How to Increase post_max_size in PHP Ubuntu?
- How to Check Current PHP Version in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Apache PHP MySQL and Phpmyadmin on Ubuntu?
- How to Install Yarn npm in Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade PHP Version from 7.3 to 7.4 in Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade PHP Version from 7.2 to 7.3 in Ubuntu?