How to install GCC on Ubuntu 22.04 Terminal?
I will explain step by step tutorial how to install gcc in ubuntu 22.04. you can understand a concept of how to install gcc 12 on ubuntu 22.04. If you have a question about how to install gcc in ubuntu terminal then I will give a simple example with a solution. This example will help you how to install gcc compiler in ubuntu using terminal. Alright, let us dive into the details.
You can install GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) on Ubuntu 22.04 using the terminal. GCC is a collection of compilers for various programming languages, including C, C++, and Fortran. Here are the step-by-step commands to install GCC:
Step 1: Open a Terminal
You can open a terminal by pressing `Ctrl+Alt+T` or by searching for "Terminal" in the Applications menu.
Step 2: Update Your System (Optional but recommended)
It's a good practice to ensure your system is up to date before installing any new software. Run the following commands:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
Step 3: Install GCC
To install GCC, you can use the following command:
sudo apt install gcc
- `sudo` is used to execute the command with superuser privileges.
- `apt install` is the command to install software packages.
- `gcc` is the name of the GCC package.
Step 4: Verify the Installation
To verify that GCC has been installed successfully, you can check the version:
This command should display information about the installed version of GCC.
That's it! You have successfully installed GCC on your Ubuntu 22.04 system. You can now use it to compile and build C, C++, or Fortran programs.
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- How to install Ionic Framework on Ubuntu 22.04?
- How to install Zoom Ubuntu 22.04 Command Line?
- How to Install Flask in Ubuntu 22.04?
- How to Install Atom Text Editor Ubuntu 22.04?
- How to Install Visual Studio Code in Ubuntu 22.04?
- How to Install and Configure Git Bash in Ubuntu 22.04?
- How to install Vivaldi Browser on Ubuntu?
- How to Enable SSH in Ubuntu 22.04?
- How to Generate SSH Key in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install Laravel in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Upgrade PHP Version from 7.4 to 8 in Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade Node.js Version in Ubuntu?
- How to Enable Rewrite Mode for Apache in Ubuntu?