Ubuntu Skype Screen Sharing Not Working - Solved
This article will give you an example of skype screen sharing not working ubuntu. it's a simple example of ubuntu skype screen sharing not working. We will use the ubuntu windowing system change. you can understand the concept of skype linux share screen not available.
Few days before I was just set up ubuntu 22.10 on my laptop. I installed skype and it's installed currently. everything is working fine. But when I call my client and need to share my screen. It's wasn't showing the screen share option on skype. I google it and long research found out what was the issue. Ubuntu Skype screen sharing is not working with the windowing system "Wayland". So i need to disable it and use x11. it works for me, so you can try it out as well.
You can see solution below how to resolve this issue.
Check Windowing System:
You need to run bellow command:
Change Windowing System:
You need to open custom.conf file and remove "#" near WaylandEnable=false. let's run bellow command:
sudo nano /etc/gdm3/custom.conf
Remove "#" from "WaylandEnable=false" line.
Then save it.
Then you need to reboot system by using bellow command:
Now you can skype call and check it. It will work :)
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- How to Check Apache Access & Error Log Files in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Whitelist/Allow IP Address in Apache Ubuntu?
- How to Restrict/Block IP Address in Apache Ubuntu?
- How to Install Laravel in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Set Up Password Authentication with Apache in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Composer in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install Apache PHP MySQL and Phpmyadmin on Ubuntu?
- How to Install Sublime Text Editor 3 in Ubuntu?
- How to Increase Upload File Size Limit PHP in Ubuntu?
- How to Set ANDROID_HOME Environment Variable in Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade Node.js Version in Ubuntu?