How to Upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 LTS to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS?
This article goes in detailed on upgrade ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 command line. I’m going to show you about how to upgrade ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 using terminal. step by step explain how to upgrade ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04. I would like to share with you ubuntu upgrade 20.04 to 22.04.
If you want to upgrade ubuntu 20.04 to ubuntu 22.04 using terminal command then i will give you list of commands that will help you to upgrade ubuntu 22.04 from ubuntu 20.04. so, let's see the simple commands to help you to upgrade your ubuntu server. you can run this commands with your digitalocean ubuntu server as well.
Step 1: Upgrade Current Installed Packages
Here, we will run following two commands to upgrade apt packages. so, run following commands.
Using following command to update the package list:
sudo apt update
Next, upgrade installed packages to their latest available versions from apt get:
sudo apt upgrade
Step 2: Initiate Ubuntu Upgrade
Now, you need to run following command to dist-upgrade, so run the below command:
sudo apt dist-upgrade
Step 3: Run do-release-upgrade Command
Now, we are ready to upgrade our ubuntu version. you just run do-release-upgrade command to upgrade ubuntu, it will take long process to update all version. it will also ask you some questions about current installed software as well.
So, run following command to install new ubuntu version.
Now, it will check updates and it will take 15min to 30min upgrade time. Also it will ask you some questions.
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Ubuntu PHP bz2 Extension Install Commands Example
- How to Generate SSH Key in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Whitelist/Allow IP Address in Apache Ubuntu?
- How to Restrict/Block IP Address in Apache Ubuntu?
- How to Install Composer in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install Apache PHP MySQL and Phpmyadmin on Ubuntu?
- How to Change PHP Version in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install Phpmyadmin in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install MySQL in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install PHP in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install Apache Web Server on Ubuntu Server?
- How to Connect SSH using ppk File Ubuntu?
- How to Connect to a Remote Server using SSH on Ubuntu?
- How to Import Database in Mysql using Command Line in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Composer using Command Line in Ubuntu?