How to Upgrade from Ubuntu 22.04 to Ubuntu 23.04?
I am going to explain to you example of upgrade ubuntu 22.04 to 23.04 command line. I explained simply step by step how to upgrade ubuntu 22.10 to 23.04 using terminal. This tutorial will give you a simple example of how to upgrade ubuntu 22.04 to 23.04. if you want to see an example of ubuntu upgrade 22.04 to 23.04 then you are in the right place. you will do the following things for upgrade ubuntu 22.10 to 23.04 command line.
If you want to upgrade ubuntu 22.04 to ubuntu 23.04 using terminal command then i will give you list of commands that will help you to upgrade ubuntu 23.04 from ubuntu 22.04. so, let's see the simple commands to help you to upgrade your ubuntu server. you can run this commands with your digitalocean ubuntu server as well.
Step 1: Upgrade Current Installed Packages
Here, we will run following two commands to upgrade apt packages. so, run following commands.
Using following command to update the package list:
sudo apt update
Next, upgrade installed packages to their latest available versions from apt get:
sudo apt upgrade
Step 2: Initiate Ubuntu Upgrade
Now, you need to run following command to dist-upgrade, so run the below command:
sudo apt dist-upgrade
Step 3: Run do-release-upgrade Command
Now, we are ready to upgrade our ubuntu version. you just run do-release-upgrade command to upgrade ubuntu, it will take long process to update all version. it will also ask you some questions about current installed software as well.
So, run following command to install new ubuntu version.
Now, it will check updates and it will take 15min to 30min upgrade time. Also it will ask you some questions.
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Ubuntu PHP bz2 Extension Install Commands Example
- Ubuntu PHP bcmath Extension Install Commands Example
- Ubuntu PHP ZIP Extension Install Commands Example
- How to Install PHP XML Extension in Ubuntu?
- How to Increase post_max_size in PHP Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade PHP Version from 8.0 to 8.1 in Ubuntu?
- How to Whitelist/Allow IP Address in Apache Ubuntu?
- How to Install Apache PHP MySQL and Phpmyadmin on Ubuntu?
- How to Install PHP in Ubuntu Server?
- How to Install Apache Web Server on Ubuntu Server?
- How to Connect SSH using ppk File Ubuntu?
- How to Upgrade PHP Version from 7.4 to 8 in Ubuntu?
- How to Import Database in Mysql using Command Line in Ubuntu?
- How to Enable Apache mod_rewrite Module in Ubuntu?