How to Git Ignore Some Files Locally?
This simple article demonstrates of git ignore files locally only. you can see how to add git ignore file locally. We will use git ignore files locally. step by step explain git update-index --assume-unchanged example. Let's get started with git update index ignore file.
Sometimes we need to add git ignore files locally. it's actually not ignored, but you require to change that file because of your local configuration so you just need to set it as git ignore so it's not affected by another developer. we will use the "git update-index --assume-unchanged" git command that will help you how to set git ignore files locally.
You can see below syntax and example.
git update-index --assume-unchanged
git update-index --assume-unchanged hardik.php
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- How to Clone Laravel Project from Github on Server?
- How to Generate and Add SSH Key in Github?
- How to ignore file permission (chmod) changes in git?
- How to Change GitHub Remote from HTTPS to SSH?
- Solved - fatal remote origin already exists - Git
- How to Merge Branch to Master Branch using Git Command?
- Git Command to Ignore File Permission Changes
- How to Add Git Add Remote Origin on Bitbucket Repository?
- Git - How to Find a Deleted File in Commit History?
- How to Git Force Pull from Remote Branch?