How to Get Last Record in Codeigniter?
In this post we are going to learn how to get last single record from MySQl database table using Codeigniter database library.
We sometime require to get only single row result in our Codeigniter application. In this post you can see how to get whole last record using Codeigniter db query. Few day ago i posted "How to get last inserted id in Codeigniter?", in that post we can simply get last inserted id from Codeigniter db query.
In this database query i used order_by(), limit(), get() and row(). order_by() will help to make order by id as descending, limit() will help to get only single result, get() will help to select specific table and row() will help to get single row of result.
So, let's see bellow Codeigniter database query for getting last record:
$last = $this->db->order_by('id',"desc")
You can easily use above Codeigniter database query for fetch single record. So you can simple use as like above normal example.
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Codeigniter Google Recaptcha Form Validation Example
- Codeigniter Ajax Pagination using JQuery Example
- Codeigniter Delete Multiple Rows using Checkbox Example
- Codeigniter Drag and Drop Multiple Image Upload Example
- Codeigniter JQuery Ajax Image Upload Example
- Codeigniter Ajax Infinite Scroll Pagination Example
- Codeigniter Image Upload with Validation Example
- How to Get Last Inserted ID in Codeigniter?
- Codeigniter Generate PDF from View using Dompdf Example
- Codeigniter Ajax CRUD Tutorial Example
- How to Get Current URL in Codeigniter?
- How to Get Last Record from Database in Laravel?
- How to Get IP Address in Codeigniter?
- How to Get Last Executed Query in Laravel?
- Codeigniter 3 and AngularJS CRUD with Search and Pagination Example.