How to get last record of database table in Laravel?
Sometimes we may require to get only last record of table in our project, we can get several way. We can fetch last record of database table using latest() or orderBy(). In bellow example you can see how i get then last record of table.
here is a simple example of get last record from tabel in laravel 6, laravel 7, laravel 8 and laravel 9 project.
I have "items" table and i want to get last record of "items" table. In first example i use latest() with first() because latest() will fetch only latest record according to created_at then first() will get only single record:
Using latest() belong to created_at field:
$last = DB::table('items')->latest()->first();
Now, In this example i used orderBy() that belong to id, it will always return max id record:
Using orderBy() belong to id field:
$last2 = DB::table('items')->orderBy('id', 'DESC')->first();
In this example latest() with argument, latest() will take created_at by default, if you want to give id then you can give argument as field name.
Using latest() belong to id field:
$last3 = DB::table('items')->latest('id')->first();
But If you want to get last inserted id then you have to follow this link :
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Laravel Eloquent whereNotNull() Query Example
- Laravel Eloquent whereNotBetween() Query Example
- Laravel Eloquent selectRaw() Query Example
- Laravel Eloquent whereRaw Condition Example
- Laravel Collection Merge | How to Merge Two Eloquent Collection?
- Laravel Many to Many Eloquent Relationship Tutorial
- Laravel - How to Check Column Exists or Not in Table?
- How to Get Last Inserted Id in Laravel?
- Laravel Create JSON File & Download From Text Example