Laravel 8 Factory Tinker Example Tutorial
This article will provide some of the most important example laravel 8 factory tinker example. you'll learn laravel 8 factory seeder. step by step explain laravel 8 factories. In this article, we will implement a laravel 8 factory tutorial. Let's see bellow example laravel 8 dummy record generate.
As we know testing is very important part of any web development project. Sometime we may require to add hundreds records in your users table, OR maybe thousands of records. Also think about if you require to check pagination. then you have to add some records for testing. So what you will do it at that that moment, You will add manually thousands of records ? What you do ?. If you add manually thousands of records then it can be take more time.
However, Laravel has tinker that provide to create dummy records to your model table. so in laravel application they provide User model factory created by default. so you can see how to create records using factory bellow:
Generate Dummy Users:
php artisan tinker
This by default created factory of laravel. you can also see that on following url: database/factories/UserFactory.php.
Create Custom Factory:
But when you need to create dummy records for your products, items or admin table then you have to create new factory using tinker command. here i will give you simple example of creating product factory and you will understand how it works. so let's create Product Model as like bellow:
class Product extends Model
protected $fillable = [
'name', 'slug', 'detail'
now let's create our custom factory using bellow command:
php artisan make:factory ProductFactory --model=Product
Now they created new factory class for product and you can add as bellow code:
class ProductFactory extends Factory
* The name of the factory's corresponding model.
* @var string
protected $model = Product::class;
* Define the model's default state.
* @return array
public function definition()
'name' => $this->faker->name,
'slug' => Str::slug($this->faker->name),
'detail' => $this->faker->text,
Using Faker you can be used to generate the following data types:
Person i.e. titles, names, gender etc.
Internet i.e. domains, URLs, emails etc.
Payments i.e. MasterCard
As you see above you can simply use data types. Now we are going to create 500 records of products table by following command:
Generate Dummy Product:
php artisan tinker
So i hope you created your 500 dummy records on products table.
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Laravel 8 Highcharts Tutorial for Beginner
- Laravel 8 Stripe Payment Gateway Integration Example
- Drag & Drop File Uploading using Laravel 8 Dropzone JS
- Laravel 8 Multiple Database Connection Example
- Laravel 8 Socialite Login with Google Account Example
- Laravel 8 Ajax Image Upload Example
- Laravel 8 Clear Cache of Route, View, Config Command Example
- Laravel 8 Inertia JS CRUD with Jetstream & Tailwind CSS
- Laravel 8 Flash Message Tutorial Example
- Laravel 8 Send Mail using Gmail SMTP Server
- Laravel 8 File Upload Example Tutorial