How to Upgrade from Angular 16 to Angular 17?
Today, I'll demonstrate the process of upgrading from Angular 16 to Angular 17. This article provides a comprehensive guide on the Angular version 17 upgrade. The tutorial offers a straightforward example of transitioning from @angular 16 to 17, specifically focusing on updating Angular CLI to version 17 in an Ubuntu environment. Follow the steps outlined below to successfully upgrade your Angular application.
While working on my Angular project, I encountered the need to migrate from Angular 16 to Angular 17. Attempting to execute a straightforward update command proved unsuccessful, indicating that certain configurations were impacted. This prompted me to consider alternative methods for upgrading Angular.
There are two approaches to facilitate the transition from Angular 16 to 17. Initially, we'll attempt a direct update of the Angular CLI version. If this proves ineffective, an alternative solution involves uninstalling and reinstalling the Angular CLI, following the provided steps.
Following Way to Upgrade Angular 16 to 17 Version
- Way 1: Update Angular CLI
- Way 2: Update Angular CLI using reinstall
Let's see both ways:
Way 1: Update Angular CLI
You can directly upgrade your angular CLI version globally by using the update command of ng. so you can do it by bellow command.
ng update @angular/cli @angular/core
Now you can see ng version by following command:
Way 2: Update Angular CLI using reinstall
I will show you list of commands for update version angular 16 to angular 17 by using uninstall and upgrade angular version.
Uninstall Angular CLI:
npm uninstall -g @angular/cli
npm cache clean --force
npm cache verify
Install Angular CLI:
npm install -g @angular/cli
Now you have a new version of angular CLI. so you can check it by following the command:
You will see a layout bellow:
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Angular 17 Generate New Component using Command Example
- Angular 17 Create New Project using Command Example
- How to Run Angular App on Different Port?
- Angular Material Checkbox Change Color Example
- Angular Login with Google Account Example
- Angular Pipe Under Condition Example
- Angular Pipe for Boolean Value with Yes No Text
- How to Pass Multiple Parameters to Pipe in Angular?
- Angular NgForm Example | NgForm Directive In Angular
- Angular Radio Button On Change Event Example
- Angular Select Dropdown with Reactive Form
- Angular Define Global Variables Tutorial
- Angular Material Datepicker Example
- How to Redirect to Another Page in Angular?