How to Get the First Digit of a Number in Python?
This article is focused on python get first digit of a number. I would like to share with you how to get first digit of a number in python. I would like to share with you program to find first digit of a number python. This article goes in detailed on first digit of a number in python. follow the below step for find first digit of a number in python.
There are several ways to get the first digit of a number in Python. I will give you two simple examples to get the first digit from a number. You can see both examples one by one.
number1 = 43567 # Get First Digit from Number firstDigit = str(number1) result = int(firstDigit) print(result)
You can use the modulus operator (%) and division operator (/) in Python to get the first digit of a number.
In this code, we first calculate the length of the number using len(str(number)). Then, we calculate the power of 10 by raising it to the length of the number minus 1. Next, we divide the number by the power of 10, which gives us a number with only the first digit. Finally, we use integer division (//) to get rid of any decimal places and assign the result to the firstDigit variable.
number = 9658 # Get First Digit from Number firstDigit = number // (10 ** (len(str(number))-1)) print(firstDigit)
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Python Convert String to Float with 2 Decimal Places Example
- Python Format Number to 2 Decimal Places Example
- How to Sort List Descending in Python?
- How to Generate Random Float Numbers in Python?
- Python Generate Random Number Between 0 to 1 Example
- Python Generate Random Number Between 1 and 10 Example
- Python Smallest and Largest Numbers in a List Example
- How to Get Smallest Number in List Python?
- Python Generate List of Unique Random Numbers Example
- How to Find Sum of All Elements in List in Python?
- Python List Remove Element by Value Example
- Python List Remove Element by Index Example
- Python Delete Files with Specific Extension Example
- Python Delete Directory if Exists Example