Python Delete Directory if Exists Example
In this article we will cover on how to implement python delete directory if exists. I explained simply step by step python delete directory and all contents. In this article, we will implement a python delete folder if exists. I explained simply step by step python remove directory if exists. follow bellow step for python delete folder with all files.
In this example, we will use exists() and rmtree() of "os" and shutil library to delete folder with all files. so let's see below example and do it.
exists() will check file is exists or not.
rmtree() will delete directory with all files.
You can use these examples with python3 (Python 3) version.
let's see below simple example with output:
import os import shutil folderPath = 'files/dataDir'; # Check Folder is exists or Not if os.path.exists(folderPath): # Delete Folder code shutil.rmtree(folderPath) print("The folder has been deleted successfully!") else: print("Can not delete the folder as it doesn't exists")
The folder has been deleted successfully!
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Python Post Request with pem File Example
- Python Post Request with Json File Example
- Python Post Request with Basic Authentication Example
- Python Post Request with Bearer Token Example
- Python Copy File From one Directory to Another Example
- Python Get File Extension from Filename Example
- Python Get First Date of Last Month Example
- Python Get First Date of Next Month Example
- Python Create Zip Archive from Directory Example
- Python List All Dates Between Two Dates Example
- How to Check if Today is Friday or not in Python?