How to Copy One Table Data into Another Table using MySQL?
If you are working on php or any php framwork and you want to copy one table into other table by using sql query, so you could do it using simple SELECT and INSERT statement. just you need to think how you can use.
In Following example you can see how to fetch data from "post" table and how to insert into "post_copy" table, so basically you have to select field of one that you want to copy and second one give name of table with proper field that you want insert. But don't forgot to give a name of field otherwise it generate error.
INSERT INTO `post_copy` (name,slug,status)
SELECT name,slug,'1' FROM `post`
We are Recommending you
- Node JS CRUD with MySQL Tutorial Example
- How to Create a REST API using Node.js and MySQL?
- How to Export Mysql Database using Command Line in Ubuntu?
- How to Import Database in Mysql using Command Line in Ubuntu?
- PHP MySQL Create Dynamic Treeview Example
- PHP MySQL Column Sorting Example Tutorial
- PHP MySQL Contact US Form with Validation Example
- How to Get Filename from File Path in MySQL Query?
- MySQL Calculate Age from Date of Birth Example
- How to Check Empty or Null Data using MySQL Query?
- How to count unique domains from email address field in MySQL ?
- Which MySQL Datatype use for Store an IP Address?
- Mysql Hexadecimal Color Code Store in Binary Datatype Example