How to Increase Session Lifetime in Laravel?
This article goes in detailed on how to increase session timeout in laravel. you will learn how to set session lifetime in laravel. i would like to show you how to set session timeout in laravel 7. we will help you to give example of laravel increase session timeout.
You can easily increase session lifetime in laravel 5, laravel 6, laravel 7 and laravel 8 version.
If you want to increase your session life time then you can easily do it from configuration file in laravel. laravel provide session.php there is a 'lifetime' key option for setting time in minutes. in session configuration file there is a also several option for set driver, timeout, expire_on_close and encrypt etc.
Basically, you can not set lifetime session for forever but you can set in minutes for session expiration time. so i will set 1 year time for session expire.
60 * 24 * 365 = 525600
Here i will show how to increase lifetime from env file and configuration file. so let's see both example as bellow:
Solution 1: Using .env File
you can simple define value in minutes in your env file as bellow:
'lifetime' => env('SESSION_LIFETIME', 120),
Solution 2: Using Config File
'lifetime' => 1 * (60 * 24 * 365),
I hope it can help you....
- Laravel - How to Check If Array is Empty in Blade?
- Laravel 7/6 Clear Cache of Route, View, Config Command
- How to use Date Format Validation in Laravel?
- How to Get Current Controller Name in View Laravel?
- How to Set Config File Value in Laravel?
- How to Get Config File Value in Laravel?
- How to set git config username and email?
- How to check user login or not in Laravel?
- How to Run Laravel Project?
- Laravel Repository Pattern Tutorial from scratch
- How to Get Query Strings Value in Laravel?