How to Add Header in CSV File using Python?
Today, how to add header in csv file using python is our main topic. This post will give you a simple example of create csv file with column names python. you will learn python add header to csv file. If you have a question about python add header to csv if not exists then I will give a simple example with a solution.
In this example, we will create demo.csv file with ID, Name and Email as header fields. we will create "data" list with values for write multiple rows to csv file. we will use open(), writer(), writerow(), writerows() and close() functions to create csv file from list.
writerow(): it will help to add header to csv file.
So, Without any further ado, let's see below code example:
You can use these examples with python3 (Python 3) version.
import csv # open the file in the write mode f = open('demo.csv', 'w') # create the csv writer writer = csv.writer(f) header = ['ID', 'Name', 'Email'] data = [ [1, 'Hardik Savani', 'firstname.lastname@example.org'], [2, 'Vimal Kashiyani', 'email@example.com'], [3, 'Harshad Pathak', 'firstname.lastname@example.org'], ] # write the header writer.writerow(header) # write a row to the csv file writer.writerows(data) # close the file f.close()
You can see csv file layout:
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Python Write CSV File from List Example
- How to Create CSV File in Python?
- How to Check If a List is Empty or Not in Python?
- Python Read Text File into List Example
- How to Read a Text File in Python?
- Python Delete Folder and Files Recursively Example
- Python Delete File if Exists Example
- Python Post Request with Basic Authentication Example
- Python Post Request with Bearer Token Example
- Python Get File Extension from Filename Example
- Python List All Dates Between Two Dates Example
- Python POST Request with Parameters Example
- How to Subtract Year to Date in Python?