Python Delete Folder and Files Recursively Example
This is a short guide on python delete files recursively. This article will give you simple example of python remove files recursively. step by step explain python delete all files recursively. if you have questions about python remove all files recursively then I will give a simple example with a solution. You just need to do some steps to do python recursive delete.
In this example, we will use exists() and rmtree() of "os" and shutil library to delete all folder and files recursively. so let's see below example and do it.
exists() will check file is exists or not.
rmtree() will delete directory with all files recursively.
You can use these examples with python3 (Python 3) version.
let's see below simple example with output:
I have created following files on files folder and remove all files and folders:
files/test.txt files/demo/test.txt files/test/test.txt
import os import shutil folderPath = 'files/'; # Check Folder is exists or Not if os.path.exists(folderPath): # Delete Folder code shutil.rmtree(folderPath) print("The folder has been deleted successfully!") else: print("Can not delete the folder as it doesn't exists")
The folder has been deleted successfully!
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- Python Delete Directory if Exists Example
- Python Delete File if Exists Example
- Python Post Request with pem File Example
- Python Post Request with Json File Example
- Python Post Request with Basic Authentication Example
- Python Post Request with Bearer Token Example
- Python Copy File From one Directory to Another Example
- Python Get File Extension from Filename Example
- Python Get First Date of Last Month Example
- Python Create Zip Archive from Directory Example
- How to Compare Two Dates in Python?
- Python Subtract Seconds from DateTime Example