How to Compare Two Dates in Python?
Now, let's see tutorial of python check if date is greater than. this example will help you python check if date is greater than today. if you want to see example of compare two dates in python then you are a right place. I explained simply step by step check date between two dates in python. Let's see bellow example compare two dates in python.
In this example, I will give two examples one example will compare with today's date, and second example compare with two custom dates. so let's see both examples and use them for you.
You can use these examples with python3 (Python 3) version.
Example 1: Python Check if Date is Greater than Today
from datetime import datetime myDateString = "2022-06-28" myDate = datetime.strptime(myDateString, "%Y-%m-%d") # Today's Date is 2022-06-27 todayDate = datetime.now() if myDate.date() > todayDate.date(): print("Date is Greater than Today") else: print("Date is not Greater than Today")
Date is Greater than Today
Example 2: Python Compare with Two Dates
from datetime import datetime oneDate = "2022-06-26" oneDateObj = datetime.strptime(oneDate, "%Y-%m-%d") secondDate = "2022-06-25" secondDateObj = datetime.strptime(secondDate, "%Y-%m-%d") if oneDateObj.date() > secondDateObj.date(): print("First Date is Greater...") else: print("Second Date is Greater...")
First Date is Greater...
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- How to Check if Today is Thursday or not in Python?
- Python Check if Date is Weekend or Weekday Example
- Python Subtract Minutes from DateTime Example
- How to Add Minutes to DateTime in Python?
- Python PUT Request with Parameters Example
- Python Subtract Hours from Datetime Example
- How to Subtract Months to Date in Python?
- How to Get Current Minute in Python?
- How to Get Current Time in Python?
- How to Get Current Date and Time in Python?