Codeigniter Get File Extension Before Upload Example
Are you looking for codeigniter get extension of file before upload then i will help you to get file extension in codeigniter from file name. we can get file extension using pathinfo() php function.
I was new to codeigniter application. i was using codeigniter 3 version. i was doing image upload task on my project and i need to make custom name of image when you upload on my server. At that time need to get image file extension from name and then i will rename it form extension. i search a lot about to getting directly for file extension but it was not there in codeigniter docs. i thought and find way to do it using php pathinfo().
I created simple example for getting file extension in codeigniter project. so you can see both example, i hope it can help you.
$fileExt = pathinfo($_FILES["image"]["name"], PATHINFO_EXTENSION);
$fileName = $this->upload->data('image');
$fileExt = pathinfo($fileName, PATHINFO_EXTENSION);
I hope it can help you...
We are Recommending you
- How to Get Current Month Records in Codeigniter?
- Codeigniter Form Validation with Error Message
- Codeigniter Add/Remove Multiple Input Fields Dynamically using JQuery
- Codeigniter Compress Image Size Example
- How to Create a Custom Library in CodeIgniter?
- How to Get Last Executed Query in Codeigniter?
- Codeigniter Dynamic Highcharts Example
- Codeigniter Google Recaptcha Form Validation Example
- Codeigniter Ajax Pagination using JQuery Example
- Codeigniter JQuery Ajax Request Example
- Codeigniter Confirm Box Before Delete Record Example
- Codeigniter Multiple Database Connection Example
- Codeigniter Ajax CRUD Tutorial Example
- How to Get Current URL with Query String in Codeigniter?